Title: Senipr VFX Artist
Location: Anywhere in N & S America, Europe
The ideal candidate in this role is an experienced VFX Artist in games, with a balance of technical problem solving and artistic skill and a passion for all manner of VFX, from gameplay and combat driven systems, to environmental atmospherics and destruction.
With a highly collaborative development culture at PTW/1518, experience at effectively working and communicating alongside a diverse team, across all departments and specialization, to solve ambitious visual, gameplay, and technical problems together, is extremely important for success in this role
In This Role You will design and implement high-quality AAA VFX to support gameplay and art direction. Create and optimize VFX to run within performance limitations. Work closely with art, animation, design, and programming team to anticipate and solve challenges within given constraints and visual requirements. Translate references, concept art, game design briefs, and verbal directions into prototypes and implement real-time VFX in-game.
We are looking for Mid to senior level of professional VFX experience in the game industry and you must have a strong reel/portfolio showing executed real-time FX work with a minimum of one shipped AAA game.
What you’ll be doing
- Creating amazing looking real time FX with Unity.
- Collaborate with the Art, Gameplay, Design, and Animation teams to develop in-game FX elements, from early look development and prototyping to final polished implementation.
- Use our engine authoring toolset, Maya, Houdini, Substance, and various other supplemental FX authoring packages to create stunning VFX particles, systems, textures, and simulations.
- Directly implement VFX content, including in-world placement and scripting of systemic/gameplay driven behaviours
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of our proprietary engine VFX systems, including particle effect authoring and scripting and sequencing tools and pipelines.
- Placing and triggering FX within the world.
- Working with the Art, Design and Engineering teams to find solutions to artistic challenges.
- Develop a deep understanding of the art direction and create effects to support the vision.
- Create effects to realistic performance budgets and take ownership of the memory and performance costs of your effects.
What we’re looking for
- Experience of creating Realtime particle effects in Unity
- Experience of using industry-standard content creation software (e.g. Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop, Substance) to create assets to use in-engine.
- Experience as a VFX artist in games, using a real-time authoring toolset (Unity)
- Experience with various supplemental 3D and VFX authoring packages (Maya, Houdini, Substance, etc.)
- Portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of both technical and artistic execution of real-time VFX
- Interest for games and the future of Virtual Reality
- Experience with shaders.
- Strong Unity skills and experience with other appropriate features:
- Knowledge of game production pipeline and life cycle.
- A critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real-world objects and visual FX
- Ability to create all art needed for the FX from prototype to final FX Desire and knowledge of how to push our effects, editing tools, and pipeline further
- Experience with scripting in Blueprint, Python, etc is a plus
- Abilities in secondary areas such as modelling, skinning, animation, or lighting
- Experience working with multiple platforms memory limitations
- Experience with real-time networked multiplayer games
- Passionate about games and art in games.
What we offer
- Attractive Remuneration
- You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest games titles in the world.
- Competitive remuneration, holidays, regular team competitions with great prizes; and inclusion into an extensive social calendar. Collaborative team-work with people from all around the world, different nationalities and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
Who we are
35+ Studios | 26+ Years of Experience |1,000+ Products | 60+ Awards for Clients | 8,500+ Employees
PTW is a video games services company that supports video game developers and publishers through outsourced production services. We started 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year on year to where we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1500 titles across all genres and all platforms, including 8 out of the past 10 Game-Of-The-Year-winning titles.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 35 sites spanning the globe. The PTW Family of Brands includes SIDE, 1518, and Orange Rock. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. Orange Rock is our in-house game and product development studio. 1518 is our award-winning global art studio providing art-related services at every stage of the game or app development process.
Our in-house art team offers the highest-quality assets: from 2D concept design to 3D animation, in-game to package art, smartphone to VR, we make everything look amazing.
1518 Ranged across time zones and countries, we’re a diverse group of tech wizards, engineers, and strategists, with over 25 years combined on-the-job experience. Alongside our internationally-acclaimed art directors, artists, and animators, we’re building immersive game worlds through Art and Co-Dev. Our client list includes Electronic Arts, Google, Jam City, Disney, Warner Bros, and Uber. No detail is too small or insignificant, and no vision is too big or ambitious. Let’s make beautiful worlds together!
Pole To Win's core values are imbued across our global organization: Reinforced by our actions and our attitudes. Echoed throughout our approach to our operations and our clients. Exemplified by our culture, and most of all, our people. We build people and their careers. We actively turn to team mates for counsel, inspiration, and diverse perspectives. Relationships are built on mutual respect. Personal and professional integrity is our guiding principle. We are honest, authentic, transparent, and ethically sound. Our primary goal is to advance our clients' businesses and their customers' satisfaction. We set the bar for generating imaginative and effective solutions for the most challenging problems. We move with speed and agility. We love what we do. We have unwavering loyalty to our DNA, our culture, our values, and ourselves.
Welcome to PTW, Family of Brands