Splitgate is a free to play, fast-paced sci-fi multiplayer shooter that combines the strategic elements of portals with the explosive gameplay of a first person shooter. We quickly became a top trending game on PlayStation, XBOX, and Steam. In our first 6 days, we passed 1M downloads, and hit 2M within the first two weeks. We’re now at 15M+ downloads and growing. After receiving $100M Series A funding with a valuation of $1.5B, we are actively looking to grow our team with the best talent out there to continue the journey of making Splitgate a game that we and the millions of players in our gaming community are proud of.
The Technical Artist (TA) acts as a bridge between the artists and engineers. They are considered part of the art team and work closely with artists, project managers, SEs and the Technical Art team.
What We're Looking For:
- A passionate art leader: You love to take on difficult, seemingly impossible problems and dig in to find creative ways to solve them
- A hard worker: You love to put in the extra effort, because you enjoy your work and know the impact of finishing the tasks at hand
- Passion for gaming: You can recognize what separates exceptional games from the average ones. You understand the mindset of gamers which enables you to create and implement features that will further benefit the game
- Improve and maintain art production workflows, pipelines, asset optimization/integration and shader development
- Collaborate and advise on tools, workflows and best practices
- Owner any technical issues that arise in art production and bring them to resolution
- Work closely with artists and engineers to pinpoint and fix game performance and memory usage issues
- Diagnose problems related to asset and level creation and support the art and design teams
- Lighting systems
- Art assets
- At least 5+ years of cinematic/games production experience. You have completed more than 3 AAA games/movies
- Experience in Unreal is a must
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field is desired
- Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers
- Proficient scripting/programming in python and C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required)
- Expert knowledge of a 2D and 3D art packages: Maya/Photoshop needed. Houdini/Substance Designer a bonus
- A solutions-provider, particularly as it pertains to debugging technical issues
- Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
- A Passion for Games!