Senior Sound Designer
10 Chambers is a game studio backed by Tencent and based in the beautiful city of Stockholm, Sweden. We are an ambitious, creative and collaborative team with a lifelong love for games. Right now, we’re working on GTFO, a 4-player co-op action FPS currently in Early Access.
We are looking for a full-time, on-site Senior Sound Designer who is passionate about sound design and implementation and has a strong sense of quality.
You will be responsible for all aspects of sound design in our productions: Designing, gathering, editing, processing and mixing sounds, as well as working with programmers to integrate the sound triggering and behavior in our games. You will also put sounds to – and mix – any trailers we create in-house.
You will work closely with our game- and narrative directors to ensure that the audio design lines up with the vision for the game as a whole. You will take over and improve upon the sound design and sound systems of GTFO (our FPS action & horror game) and help create and maintain the sound design visions and systems for our future titles.
What you will do
- Create sound effects based on library assets and custom recordings.
- Manipulate, edit and mix the individual sounds that make up the game's audio.
- Implement sounds in Wwise and set up RTPCs, switches, states, etc. to make them accessible to the game engine.
- Mix the game's audio as a cohesive entirety.
- Keep the Wwise projects and audio libraries organized.
- Provide sounds for marketing media such as trailers and micro sites.
- Perform audio play-tests, QA and assist in audio bug-fixing.
- Complete the initial sound test – see instructions under the headline “Essential application details” below.
- 3+ years of experience as a professional game sound designer, working full cycle on at least one FPS and/or 3rd person 3D game with swiveling camera.
- Be passionate about sound design and implementation, and have a strong sense of quality.
- Have a "put the end result first" mindset, and an ability to adapt methods to deadlines.
- Have a strong ability to be self-directing and work independently.
- Be proficient in Audiokinetic Wwise. There will be a test in a later round.
- Be able to adapt to an established Wwise structure and sound design style (for our existing game; "GTFO").
- Be able to shape and organize a sound design direction from scratch (for our future projects).
- Be collaborative and have a strong ability to communicate with other dev team members.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English (Swedish is not a requirement).
- Experience with Reaper.
- Experience with Unity.
- Experience with audio memory management.
- Experience with sound design on multi-platform title(s).
- Experience with field recordings.
Essential application details
As you submit your application, you will automatically be sent an e-mail containing an audio file and a PDF file with instructions regarding the essential application test. If you do not receive an e-mail immediately, please check your spam filter.
You can take as much time as you want with the test (it's not a speed test), but we expect you to submit your assignment no later than about one week after you submitted your application.
The position is on-site in our Stockholm office, meaning you need to live in (or be willing to relocate to) Stockholm, Sweden. We will be happy to assist in relocating to Sweden.